Saturday, March 6, 2010

Putting in the autumn crop


I was meant to be working on a journal article today. Instead, I walked dogs, went to the gym and did 30 minutes of cardio and 30 minutes of weight training, then decided to plant out some Autumn crops.

After harvesting a gorgeous quantity of castings from my trusty worm farm, I did a bit of soil conditioning, working in the castings and some blood and bone. It's been raining here for over a week, so the soil was very easy to work with. I put up the stakes for a new crop of purple king beans. Then I threw in some bush beans, mini beetroots, mesclun mix and coriander. I am being pretty slapdash with vegetable gardening at the moment. A swarm of leaf-eating grasshoppers and some hungry possums all but ruined my spring planting efforts :( so I am trying to remain detached.

No comments:

Post a Comment